America SCORES empowers students in urban communities using soccer, writing, creative expression, and service-learning. With teamwork as the unifying value, America SCORES Chicago inspires youth to lead healthy lifestyles, be engaged students, and become agents of change in their communities.
Through foundation grants, corporate support, individual giving, and fundraisers like our SCORES Cup, America SCORES is able to provide free programming to nearly 500 youth each season.
America SCORES Chicago serves 9 Chicago Public Schools, all of which are southwest of downtown. The communities include North and South Lawndale (Little Village) and Tri-Taylor, all historically populated by minorities and all in need of our after-school services.
Soccer, poetry, and community service?
America SCORES’ diverse program builds connections,
- between teamwork on the field and teamwork in the classroom
- between developing a voice in writing and having it heard in the community
- between good sportsmanship and engaged citizenship
- between healthy choices on Game Day and healthy choices for life
- between identifying challenges and the responsibility to be part of solutions